11 November, 2008

On the love side of the relationship today

I have a love/hate relationship with Verizon. Today, though, they are on the love side of the line. I am back to normal connectivity and not the trickle the interweb information streams have been of late. I also think that the construction company working on Chancellor's Run road expansion might wind up being sued at least once before this absurdity is completed.

I have no illusions that I'll find any recompense for the few days of frustration here, although I would use it to get more minutes for the mobile as that has been more reliable with making calls since Friday. Love to be in the middle of a conversation with my mother and hear a horrendously loud crackle and then have the line be dead for anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes. This got old back in June.

On the other hand, one reason for this headache is now resolved. The other three are still living at home. Stresses of the season no doubt, but they've been mighty cantankerous this weekend. Also looking at my diet which has been entirely too filled with processed foods and sugar, etc., because of ease and convenience. This headache is the signal to forget that load of garbage and get the slow-cooker out. Hopefully now that fuel prices have gone down the cost of fresh produce will begin to reflect that, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that account just yet. Still, with a bit of creativity, I'll get there and wean myself off the junk again. All it will take is some extra planning each weekend and preparing meals in advance and then freezing them for taking to work instead of skipping lunch or grabbing crap at the deli.

Speaking of which, time to begin thinking about chow-time for the beasties. *resists temptation to get Papa John's to deliver as it's a holiday. Then again there's always Chinese... or Indian.*

No comments: