26 November, 2008

Get ready, kids! It's that time :D

Yes, time for another series of Nanny Ashtoreth's Reports from the River Styx!

Ignore the fumes in the background, it's the vodka. Yes, mum's hidden away the wine until tomorrow night and has inflicted a blend of pomegranate and cranberry juice spiked with vodka upon me. Three sips and I swear my cheeks were flushed pink and supper was a giggly affair. Afterwards, dishes were done by the beasties whilst I got the spinach ready for tomorrow. I had the choice of getting up earlier to do this, and earlier was 6 a.m. instead of 7 a.m. and I, ever in the mode of sleep-in as long as you can, chose to fry up the pound of bacon and onions tonight.

The drive up was, thank all the gods, boring and mostly uneventful. There is a gob load of new construction, and a new bridge ramp contraption that now arcs off I-95 to Towson, and the beasties pointed out a cemetery from our new vantage point. It was the Gardens of Faith, and the place where many of my family is buried. From the old ground view, I never knew we passed so close by the relatives, and now we have a new tradition of waving to them and sharing our news on the last legs to mum's house.

We're mostly ready for tomorrow and the 21 relations that will be arriving for fun and mayhem. My nephew has informed us that he is not only staying the night tomorrow night, but another 3 as well, and that they are coming over so early that they will be eating breakfast in the car. I just laughed and agreed. Five year old logic can be fun, too, and well, I wouldn't mind having them come to be with us for 3 days or with egg on their faces at 9 a.m.

Going to have a nice warm bath, remember why I don't drink vodka... oh the sleepies, and then get the air mattresses and sofa bed ready before I settle in and continue to pirate air time on-line *piratical grin*

No comments: