28 November, 2008

Not quite Black Friday.

First off, the internet. Is there really any need to get up at 'o-dark-hundred' to brave the cold and rapid wildlife to get to a store at 4 a.m. just to find that perfect bargain? From my vantage point of sleeping in until 10, snuggling with my beasties and the borrowed beasties of nephew and niece, the answer is a resounding 'No!'

We were talking about that last night after desert and whislt enjoying a really yummy double bock, and the consensus is that, recession or not, we'd rather forgo the early morning insanity and relax. We also agreed that we'd all quit if we worked for stores that made us get up at three a.m. to go to work the day after Thanksgiving.

Supper was, once again, a study in organised chaos. We got the turkey in the oven at 8:30 a.m. without a hitch, well, other than having to get up at 7 a.m. for mum was as good as her word and got us up early. Yay. The small details got taken care of so that we had time to relax and play when my brother got here with his family. Did the family photos for Yuletide cards, etc., and then all finished getting dressed for the day. Obviously, the beasties were for the photo, but mum and I were dressed from the top up and running about in flannel jammie bottoms.

My aunt is doing well. She has her heart surgery on the 12th, but resolutely ignored that fact and took over as de facto head of the kitchen. I'm good with that. Just tell me what needs doing and where to take care of it, and I'm a happy little helper. Had oysters again, and they were much better than last years, a bit fatter and saltier, and really good.

Should pop off for a bit to get lunch for the beasties. They asked if they could have ice cream first. I don't see any problem with that. *grins*

No comments: