27 January, 2009

Snow!

At last! A snow day. One that caught the county unawares, to boot. Last year, they salted the roads at the slightest suggestion of snow and looked right fools when nothing happened. This year, they ignored the forecast and dear god! the roads were adventurous driving into work. Granted, it didn't begin to snow until 8:15 and the schools were already in session or about to start, and that just added to the ZOMG!SNOW panic of some. It was amusing.

Schools closed 3 hours early. I decided to leave work at lunch time, as the state highway administration had begun salting the roads and I didn't want to be driving home through the half-frozen slurry with everyone else. I need not have planned. Our new director, a very wise and astute woman, decided to close the museum at 11 am.

The beasties made a snow fort around the fox holes they've dug in the woods [don't ask] and enjoyed snowball fights with their friends. I was going to try and catch up, but I pulled out my notebook for The Four Cities and spent the afternoon getting it ready for March's novel-in-90 efforts. I feel very accomplished and energetic about that WIP again. Isabel wants to know if I am "happy now, and can we please get back to focusing on me now?" *pets her* Yes, we will do that, and I have the next leg of Roberto's story tickling the back of my mind, as well as ideas to feed Roberto as to certain nefarious activities occurring in Venice. *remember to print out e-mails at work tomorrow*

Speaking of e-mails, I watched Apparitions today, too. You're right, it is very interesting and I hope that there will be a second series [unlike poor Ultraviolet *sad face*]. Oh, and Demons ep. 4. Much better than ep. 3 and Mina's background was delightfully explored and not maudlin.

Uh, I think that is all on the state of things. Slowly easing back into the normal routine *knocks wood* and letting the thoughts flow as they will. Another low-key and subdued night tonight is in order, the in bed by 11 has helped a lot, giving the body the chance to give the pneumonia the final heave-ho, and I look forward to getting back into the mix tomorrow night.

No comments: