16 December, 2008

Enter Henrietta

I have been relieved of dish duty. The reason being the decision I made regarding the hamster that was found on our doorstep. Yes, I know, stretches my credulity, too, and I was there when the beasties were taking the garbage out, ran back in, grabbed a near empty coffee jar and then rushed back out to scoop up the shivering creature.

She's a cute little thing, dark grey and white, and as friendly as can be. She's currently in the empty coffee pot, it's all I could find, and the cat is feeling very put out at the intrusion. The dog is gloating that the cat is put out and probably thinking 'now you know how it feels.' Tomorrow it will be off to PetSmart to buy a habitat for her and an early Yule present for the beasties. The eldest has named her Henrietta, and the name seems to be sticking.

Which just leaves me curious... just what exactly does it mean when the universe delivers a hamster, literally, to your doorstep?

No comments: